Friday, October 18, 2013

UPDATE: 3-24-11 Hines Ward Wins on DWTS

Photo: Adam Taylor ABC
Hines Ward wins the coveted Mirror Ball Trophy!
How could I ever have doubted him? 
As an added bonus, it was as fun and exciting as I hoped it would be - more even!
Don't you hate when you see someone you admire (or think is hot) out of their usual element and they're a real disappointment? Sometimes they turn out to be vain, ignorant, a sexist or just annoying. 
Well, Hines Ward was none of those things - he was even more handsome out of uniform and he was as sweet and charming as he could be. Of course, this did not detract from his competitive nature and his moves on the dance floor were just as amazing as his moves on the football field!
There were plenty of tear-jerking moments - you could feel his genuine love & pride for his Mom. There was also plenty of sexual tension - there's always talk of dance partners hooking up, but sometimes I was almost blinded by the sparks going off between Hines & Kym! She accompanied him to several functions during and after the competition, but who could blame them - they are both beautiful people!

And in related news: Kirstie Alley & Maksim Chmerkovskiy came in 2nd. I don't want to minimize Kirstie's accomplishments - she literally worked her butt off. I probably would have been rooting for her if Hines were not in the running, but he was, and this is a story about him so she just gets an honorable mention.

Way to go Steeler Nation for supporting him to the end! Way to go Hines!!
It's fun to watch again, here are some links:
Finale (Intro, practice, dance, scores) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSIkIcZm-5M

No comments:

Post a Comment